Find out more about our Academic Medical Centre and efforts in Academic Medicine
Find out more about what JOAM do to support AM initiatives
Academic Medicine Executive Committee (AM EXCO)
Our appointed ACP leaders within the respective 15 ACPs
Guidelines, forms, and templates for Academic Medicine.
GDGRM, M.Med( Fam Med), MRCP (UK), MBBS(Singapore)
Dr Farah Safdar is an Associate Consultant working in both Singhealth Polyclinics and within the Department of Family Medicine in KK Women and Children’s Hospital. She received her medical degree from the National University of Singapore in 2011.
Dr. Farah is part of the Core Faculty of the Family Medicine Residency Programme, a member of the Clinical Faculty at NUS and also a Clinical Instructor at Duke-NUS Medical School.
Her interests are in medical education and continuous development of medical professionals, from students to new doctors, as well as Women's Health.
• GDGM (Geriatric Medicine)• M.Med (Family Medicine)• MRCP (UK)• MBBS (Singapore)
• Member of the College of Family Physicians• Member of the Geriatric Workgroup (Singhealth Polyclinics)• Programme Director of SHP Memory clinics 2019 to 2021
• Singapore Health Quality Service Award Gold 2020 • Outstanding Faculty Award (RiSE Awards Singhealth) 2020• Star Educator (Family Medicine Residency Programme) 2019• Junior Doctor Teaching Award, NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine 2018• Singapore Health Quality Service Award Silver 2018• You are a GEM award, Singhealth Polyclinics 2017• Certificate of Academic Excellence for ABFM ITE 2015• Outstanding Resident Award 2014• Certificate of Academic Excellence for ABFM ITE 2014• Certificate of Academic Excellence for ABFM ITE 2013
• Womens health and sexual function• Nutrition
• Farah Safdar, Chui Lee Julia Eng, Khin Lay Wai, Wan Shi Tey, Seng Bin Ang.Prevalence of female sexual dysfunction in allied health workers: a cross-sectional pilot study in a tertiary hospital in Singapore. BMWH-D-17-00334R5
• Shrikant Pande, Steven Kum, Farah Safdar, Vishaka KernerComplete resolution of extensive thrombosis of artheromatous non-aneurysmal descending aorta and pulmonary embolism with warfarin therapy. BMJ Case reports. Bcr-2017-222715
• Tey SL, Chew STH, How CH, Yalawar M, Baggs, G, et.al. Factors associated with Muscle mass in community dwelling older people in Singapore: findings from the SHIELD study. PLOS ONE 14(10): e0223222
• Shrikant Pande, Nilesh Pawar, Farah Husain, Lorecar Lolong, Primavera Galinato (2015): An unusual case of Spinal Myoclonus. J Spine 4: 241.doi:10;4172/21657939.1000241