Find out more about our Academic Medical Centre and efforts in Academic Medicine
Academic Medicine Executive Committee (AM EXCO)
Find out more about what JOAM do to support AM initiatives
Guidelines, forms, and templates for Academic Medicine.
MD, MMED (Fam Med)
Dr Chang Zi Ying is the Consultant, Family Physician at SingHealth Polyclinics. She completed the SingHealth Family Medicine Residency Programme and obtained the Master of Medicine (Family Medicine) in 2015. She was conferred the Fellowship of the College of Family Physicians Singapore [FCFP(S)] in 2021. She has demonstrated good leadership traits and is appointed as Deputy Clinic Director for Punggol Polyclinic in 2020. Subsequently, she assumed the role as a Clinic Director for Sengkang Polyclinic in 2022. She strongly believes in transformational leadership and strives towards organizational excellence.
She is actively involved in SHP Respiratory workgroup. She is a strong advocate in medical education and was appointed as a Clinical Core Faculty Member for Family Medicine Residency from Jul 2017 to Jun 2020. Currently, she is the Adjunct Teaching Faculty for Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine and the Clinical Instructor for SingHealth DUKE-NUS Medical School.
Dr Chang is also actively involved in research working with external collaborators and had published several papers in the medical literature.
• MD (2011)• MMED Fam Med (2015)• FCFP Singapore (2021)
• Collegiate Membership of the College of Family Physicians Singapore (MCFP)• Fellow of The College of Family Physicians (Singapore)
• Commendation Medal (COVID-19), National Award 2022• Quality Improvement Project Award(Residency in SingHealth Excels (RISE) Awards AY2019/2020)• Quality Improvement Project Award(Residency in SingHealth Excels (RISE) Awards AY2014/2015)• Outstanding Resident Award(Residency in SingHealth Excels (RISE) Awards AY2014/2015)
• Primary care research• Medical Innovation
• Chang ZY, Kang GCY, Koh EYL, Fong RJK, Tang J, Goh CK and Tan NC . Immersive Virtual Reality in Alleviating Pain and Anxiety in Children During Immunization in Primary Care: A Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial. Front. Pediatr 2022 10:847257. doi: 10.3389/fped.2022.847257• Ramakrishnan C, Tan NC, Yoon S, Hwang SJ, Foo MWY, Paulpandi M, Gun S, Lee JY, Chang ZY, Jafar TH. Healthcare professionals’ perspectives on facilitators of and barriers to CKD management in primary care: a qualitative study in Singapore clinics. BMC Health Serv Res 22, 560 (2022). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-022-07949-9.• Tan HMJ, Tan MS, Chang ZY et al. The impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the health-seeking behaviour of an Asian population with acute respiratory infections in a densely populated community. BMC Public Health 21, 1196(2021). https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-021-11200-1• Hwang SJ, Tan NC, Yoon S, Ramakrishnan C, Paulpandi M, Gun S, Lee JY, Chang ZY, Jafar TH. Perceived barriers and facilitators to chronic kidney disease care among patients in Singapore: a qualitative study. BMJ Open 2020;10:e041788. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-041788• Liew TM, Lee CS, Goh SKL, Chang ZY. The prevalence and impact of potentially inappropriate prescribing among older persons in primary care settings: multilevel meta-analysis . Age and Ageing. 2020 Jul. 49 (4), 570-579. doi:10.1093/ageing/afaa057. PMID: 32365168.• Liew TM, Lee CS, Goh SKL, Chang ZY. Potentially Inappropriate Prescribing Among Older Persons: A Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. Annals of Family Medicine, 2019; 17 (3): 257-266. https://doi.org/10.1370/afm.2373• Lim SWC, Boo AYY, Tan WC, Png ESY, Lee HK, Chang ZY, Wee SXJ, Balakrishnan B, Choong KS, Phoon IKY. A cohort survey of the effect of an educational intervention on human papillomavirus vaccine-related knowledge and attitudes among pre-university female students in Singapore. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare 2017, Vol.26(1) 5-10. doi:10.1177/2010105816653137.• Zi Ying Chang, Alicia Ying Ying Boo, Haresh Tulsidas; Rhabdomyolysis : A rare complication of hypothyroidism. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare 2015 Vol 24(3) 188- 190.
Principal Investigator: Immersive Virtual Reality in Alleviating Pain and Anxiety in Children during Immunization in Primary Care : A Pilot Randomized Control Trial.
Trial Registration: ClinicalTrials.gov NCT04748367 ; https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04748367