Find out more about our Academic Medical Centre and efforts in Academic Medicine
Academic Medicine Executive Committee (AM EXCO)
Find out more about what JOAM do to support AM initiatives
Find out more about the Office of Duke-NUS Affairs and Study Trip to Duke Durham
Guidelines, forms, and templates for Academic Medicine.
MBBS, MMed(Family Medicine),PGDL(UK) Medical Law & Ethics, FCFP(S), FAMS
Dr Paul Goh is currently the Director of Polyclinics Development in SingHealth Polyclinics. He is also a Senior Consultant managing the full spectrum of primary care conditions. He has served in several senior leadership roles such as the first Chief Executive Officer of SingHealth Polyclinics, as well as in the Ministry of Health. He was also awarded a Health Manpower Development Fellowship in Melbourne for Family Medicine at the Royal Australian College of Family Physicians, Monash University, Alfred Hospital and the Royal Children’s Hospital, Melbourne. As a medical educator, he is Clinical Assistant Professor in Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School and Adjunct Assistant Professor in Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS, and Clinical Physician Faculty in the SingHealth Family Medicine Residency Programme. He is examiner in the GDFM and Master of Medicine (Family Medicine) Examinations and Chief Examiner of the Collegiate as well as the Fellowship of the College of Family Physicians Exit Examinations. As a senior clinician and educator, he had served as Censor-in-Chief of the College of Family Physicians, where he played a key role overseeing and setting the standards in all the training programmes conducted in the College of Family Physicians, Singapore. He is currently the Advisor of the Board of Censors, College of Family Physicians, Singapore. He was also the first Co-Chair of the Primary Care Advisory Council at the Eastern Health Alliance/CGH, working collaboratively with GPs to improve the delivery of care in the Community. He is actively involved in the teaching of Medical Law and Ethics to doctors and is currently the Deputy Chair of the SingHealth Centralised Institutional Review Board.
• Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore, FAMS• Fellow of College of Family Physicians, Singapore, FCFP(S)• PGDL(UK) Medical Law & Ethics• Master of Medicine (Family Medicine)• Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
• Advisor, Censors Board, College of Family Physicians, Singapore• Deputy Chair, Centralised Institutional Review Board, SingHealth• Adjunct Assistant Professor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS• Clinical Assistant Professor, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School
• Distinguished Senior Clinician Award • National Day Award: Public Administration Medal (Bronze), Pingat Pentadbiran Awam• Long Service Award (30 years)SingHealth• SingHealth Service Quality Award (Star) • Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence• National Day Long Service Award, Pingat Bakti Setia • Distinguished Educators Award, College of Family Physicians, Singapore • Merit Award, MOH Clinical Quality Improvement Conference• Health Manpower Development Programme Fellowship, Melbourne, Australia
• Topics Related to the field of Family Medicine
• Predicting coronary artery disease in primary care: Development and validation of a diagnostic risk score for major ethnic groups in Southeast Asia, J Gen Intern Med 2021. http://doi.org/10.1007/s11606-021-06701-z Zhen Sinead Wang, Jonathan Yap, Yi Ling Eileen Koh, Shaw Yang Chia, Nevita, Teck Wee Andrew Ang, Soo Chye Paul Goh, Cia Sin Lee, Lee Lim Joanna Tan, Chai Wah Ooi, Matthew Seow, Khung Keong Yeo, Siang Jin Terrance Chua, Ngiap Chuan Tan.
• Blood pressure goal attainment in multi-ethnic Asian patients with hypertension and dyslipidaemia in primary care. Singapore Med J 2019, 1–19 https://doi.org/10.11622/smedj.2019102 Kim Hwee Koh, Chin Chin Goh, Soo Chye Paul Goh, Yi Ling Elaine Koh, Ngiap Chuan Tan
• A Mobile Lifestyle Management Program (Glycoleap) for People with Type 2 Diabetes: Single-Arm Feasiblity Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth 2019;7(5):e12965 David Koot, Paul Soo Chye Goh, Robyn Su May Lim, Yubing Tian, Teng Yan Yau, Ngiap Chuan Tan, Eric Andrew Finkelstein
• Achieving triple treatment goals in multi-ethnic Asian patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus in primary care. Malays Fam Physician. 2018;13(2);10–18. Goh CC, Koh KH, Goh SCP, Koh YLE, Tan NC.
• A cross-sectional study of gender differences in lifestyle behavior and usage of medications among community-dwelling Asians towards achieving their LDL-Cholesterol treatment goals. Proceedings of Singapore Healthcare. 2017 Sep; 26(3): 158-165. Ngiap Chuan Tan, Eileen Yi Ling Koh, Chin Chin Goh, Paul Soo Chye Goh and Kim Hwee Koh
• Asian patients with dyslipidemia in an urban population: Effect of ethnicity on their LDL-cholesterol treatment goals. J Clin Lipidol. 2016 Mar-Apr 10(2):410-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jacl.2015.12.014. Tan NC, Koh KH, Goh CC, Koh YL, Goh SC
• The effect of the intensity of lipid-lowering medications on the LDL cholesterol treatment goals of Asian patients with dyslipidaemia in primary care. J Clin Pharm Ther. 2016 Dec;41(6):677-683. doi: 10.1111/jcpt.12447. PubMed PMID: 27641514. Tan NC, Goh CC, Goh SC, Koh YL, Koh KH.
• Management of hypertension and multiple risk factors to enhance cardiovascular health - a feasibility study in Singapore polyclinics. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016 Jul 8;16:229. doi: 10.1186/s12913-016-1491-6. PubMed PMID: 27391818; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC4938988 Jafar TH, Tan NC, Allen JC, Pradhan SS, Goh P, Tavajoh S, Keng FM, Chan J
• Limited Knowledge of chronic kidney disease among primary care patients – a cross-sectional survey. BMC Nephrology 2012; 13:54 Chow Wai Leng, Veena D Joshi, Tin Aung Soe, Saskia van der Erf, Jeremy Lim Fung Yen, Swah Teck Sin, Stephanie Teo Swee Hong, Paul Goh Soo Chye, Gilbert Tan Choon Seng, Crystal Lim and Terence Kee Yi-Shern
• Factors influencing living kidney donation in Singapore Progress in Transplantation Mar 2012; Vol 22 No 1: 95 - 101 Ow Yong Lai Meng, Crystal Lim, Chow Wai Leng, Saskia can der Erf, Veena Joshi, Swah TS, Stephanie Teo, Paul Goh, Gilbert Tan, Terence Kee
• Primary care doctors' practice in the management of adult asthma patients. SMJ 2002; 43(2):061-066 Tan NC, Chow M H, Goh Paul, Goh LG, Lim TK.
• Immunogenicity, Reactogenicity and Safety of a Diphtheria-Tetanus-Acellular Pertussis-Inactivated Polio and Haemophilus Influenzae Type b Combination Vaccine in a Placebo-Controlled Rotavirus Vaccine Study Ann Acad Med Singapore 2008;37:546-53 Phua Kong Boo, Seng Hock Quak, Fong Seng Lim, Paul Goh, Yee Leong Teoh, Sanjoy Kumar Datta, Htay Htay Han, Hans Ludwig
• Evaluation of RIX4414 live attenuated rotavirus vaccine in a randomised double-blind placebo controlled phase II trial in 2464 Singaporean infants. J Infect Dis 2005; 192 (suppl): S6 – S16 Phua KB, Quak SH, Lee BW, S. Emmanuel, Paul Goh, Htay Htay Han, Beatrice de Vos, Hans Ludwig Bock
• A Rotavirus vaccine for Infants: The Asian Experience. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2006; 35:38 – 44 Phua KB, S Emmanuel, Paul Goh et al:
• Incidence of discontinuation of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors due to cough, in a primary healthcare centre in Singapore. Singapore Med J 2014; 55(3) 146-149 LP Ng, Goh P:
• Paul Goh, Lim FS, Han HH, Willems P: Safety and Immunogenicity of Early Vaccination with Two Doses of Tetravalent Measles-Mumps-Rubella-Varicella (MMRV) Vaccine in Healthy Children from 9 months of Age. Infection 2007 Oct; 35(5):326 – 33
• Paul Goh. Type II Diabetes Mellitus (Editorial). Singapore Family Physician Vol 24 No.2 Apr/Jun 1998
• Paul Goh. An Outpatient approach to vaginal discharge. Singapore Family Physician SFP Vol 22 No 1 Jan/Mar 1996