RAA award to recognise and show appreciation to outstanding individuals in our research community in the SingHealth Duke-NUS AMC (AMC) who has been working tirelessly behind the scenes to support and drive the biomedical research efforts in our pursuit for medical excellence.
You may view our latest Research Appreciation Awards 2022 winners below.
1. Peace Prize Award – Dr Ng Su Lyn, Adeline In recognition of the research team leader or principal investigator who values team work, fraternity and collaboration, who makes working together – within or with other teams – a great experience.
2. Mad Scientist Award – Ms Khin Sabai In recognition of the scientist who is passionate about science and dedicated to his/her research to the point of distraction (missing meals, haircuts, etc.)
3. My Lab is My 2nd Home Award – Asst Prof Le Thu Thao In recognition of the outstanding researcher or laboratory staff who, though behind the scenes, takes pride in his/her work and is relentless in making a positive difference to his/her team.
4. Most Coordinated Coordinator Award – Ms Li Xiaomei In recognition of the outstanding research/clinical trial coordinator who is excellent in ensuring that each study or clinical trial is carried out smoothly and successfully.
5. Can’t Do Without You Research Admin Award – Ms Tan Yi Mei In recognition of the outstanding research administrator who, though behind the scenes, plays a crucial role in supporting and enabling the work of the research community.
6. The Ethical Enforcer Award – Mr Avon Koh Nai ZhongIn recognition of the research staff who is excellent in ethical compliance and monitoring for research, always ensuring that research meets high ethical standards.
7. Yoda Grant Master Award – Ms Fazila AloweniIn recognition of the research staff who is well-versed with the research grants landscape, and is the go-to person for all matters relating to grants application and grants management.
8. Most Caffeinated Award – Ms Cherie Lee Pei YeeIn recognition of the research staff who has a never-give-up attitude – carrying a positive spirit and always going the extra mile both in their work and when working with others.
9. Most Sensei Master Award – Prof Tan Eng KingIn recognition of researchers who give guidance and mentorship / build the younger pool of researchers.
10. Bunsen Burner Award – Ms Clara Koh Wei TengIn recognition of the aspiring researcher who is passionate, enthusiastic and conscientious about his work - a bright young flame in the research community!